We talked about the Love Language #1: Quality of Time from my blog last week. Today, we’ll chat about Love Language #2– Words of Affirmation.
Words of Affirmation – what does this mean? It simply means to fill the “love tank” of your partner, husband or wife, who has this love language as an important part in the relationship.
Let’s examine my mom and dad’s marriage again as an example.
Here are some of “words of affirmation” I’ve heard either of them say to each other:
- I feel lucky to have you in my life
- Thank you for giving me 2 beautiful children
- You need to rest- you’ve been running around today
- Let me know if you want me to pick up some groceries before I get home
- Dinner is delicious especially how you made the Spinach!
- I will always be here for you
- We’re getting old – but my feelings for you seems like we just fell in love
- Will you marry me again even in our next life?
- Thank you for listening
- Your support means so much to me
- Thanks for picking up the groceries – it saved me time
- Sorry, I didn’t see the note you left on my dresser… I love it
- You look good in blue and gray shirts
- It must be a hard day for you at work…you look exhausted…can I help you with anything?
- I promise to love you until my life is taken away
- Yes, I will marry you again in our next life.
Chad and I are full of Words of Affirmation each day. Say a word or two each day to yours truly.
*Zoe is one of the co-founders of Yours Truly Wedding Albums. To know more about the company, check out the website here – www.yourstrulyweddingalbums.com.